SELECT FORMAT TO READ
|iPads & Tablets download|
PDF + videos
PDF no videos
TOTAL DOWNLOADS: 19,105
ITALY: Concrete Helping To Protect Venice Heritage
An interesting application in the Cifa concrete product range is the casting the ballasts of the gate housing caissons of Venice's Mose project - a project that is a vast intervention plan to protect Venice and its lagoon.
Germany: A Family Affair On Motorway Pavement Rehabilitation
Motorway rehabilitation or extension jobs require the services of several highly specialized players and an array of different machines. The modernization of a stretch of the A 61 between n Germany was no exception.
Meeting the Challenges of Extreme Conditions
Contractors are often required to work in the most demanding of situations. The most demanding are those projects in remote parts of the world where, apart from the logistics, there are often extreme weather conditions with which to cope.
Before the scientists move in, someone has to build the facilities such as this Halley VI research station in Antarctica..
- Netherlands: A First for Rockster
- West African Contractor Relies On Hitachi Excavators
- UK: Night Time Service for London Eye
- Australia: Excavator And Auger Combo Boosts Piling Capability
- South Africa: Mfangano Solutions Consider Environment
- Germany: First Job For Liebherr’s Largest Duty Cycle Crawler Crane
- USA: Cranes Improve Productivity In Transmission Line Upgrade
- Switzerland: The European Mabey Delta Bridge
- Italy: Strutting Technology for Italian Job
- USA: Scrap Handler Expects Reliable Support and Service
The world's leading magazine for the construction and related industries.
Each issue read by over 130,000 across 180 countries.
ON TOP OF THE WORLD
The new Eibsee cable car, which will be built by December 2017 is on Germany's highest summit and is intended to replace the existing aerial tramway that was commissioned in 1963.
A KAMOV helicopter was required and a great deal of team work to erect a tower crane at the very top of Germany’s highest mountain. Today, the crane temporarily marks Germany’s highest point at 2,975 m for the construction of the new Eibsee cable car
Pipelaying Projects Demand Versatile Equipment
A series of articles looking at how different equipment is providing solution in pipelaying projects from around the world.
Komatsu’s Autonomous Haulage System passes 330 million tonne landmark
Over the past five years, global mining and construction equipment giant Komatsu has pioneered the use of its Autonomous Haulage System (AHS) in large mining operations – with its 'FrontRunner' autonomous trucks recently passing a landmark milestone of 330 million tonnes of material moved.
What's New In Plant & Equipment
A 20 page look at recent introductions
- Terex Finlay Introduce New Crushing And Screening Models
- Powerscreen Launches Premiertrak 600 Jaw Crusher
- 2 from Alimak Hek
- New from MEC Aerial Work Platforms
- New 50t Rough Terrain Crane
- New Linkbelt HTC-86110 Mobile Crane
- Topcon introduces rotary-wing UAS for Europe
- Grindex Milli enables very low suction
- New Solution to Powering cathodic protection
- 'De-Tiering' Solution Offers Bell Customers Greater Re-Sale Flexibility
- Yanmar Roll Out
- Leica Geosystems R&D Chooses Case to Test On-machine Solutions
- Mecalac articulated loaders new design
- Caterpillar Upgraded Backhoe Loaders
- Integrated Design For Cat 340F and 352F Long Reach Excavators
- Cat 336D2 GC Designed To Deliver Optimum Value
- New Models Extend Rammer Range
- BSP’s new hammer bridges gap
- Parallel Link Undercarriage System (Plus) For The Crawler Dozers
- New Komatsu PC45MR-5 and PC55MR-5 hydraulic excavators
- CAT 16M3 Motor Grader
- Atlas Copco launches upgraded trowels
- Hitachi Japan launches 4 vibration rollers